The Louisiana Tuition Donation Credit Program allows qualified Louisiana children to receive scholarships to qualified K-12 private schools, allowing parents to choose the school that will best prepare their children for college, careers, and for life. ACE Scholarships Louisiana is a School Tuition Organization and offers scholarships to qualified children on a first-come, first-served basis for as long as funds are available. Applications for new applicants will be available on our website, www.acescholarships.org in March. We will announce the exact application date in January.
1. My child must be a resident of Louisiana
2. My child attended a Louisiana public school during the 2020-2021 school year OR -My child is attending kindergarten for the first time in the 2021-2022 school year OR -My child participated in the Louisiana Scholarship Program/Student Scholarships for Educational Excellence Program OR -My child participated in the Tuition Donation Credit Program during the 2020-2021 school year.
3. My family income is less than the amount listed below (these amounts are from the 2020-21 school year):
1. Proof of Residency for 2021: A complete image of an electric, water, sewer, garbage, gas or medical bill, mortgage statement, lease agreement, billing statement, credit card or loan statement dated in 2021 with the parent and/legal guardian's name and current address clearly visible.
2. Proof of Income for 2020: The legal guardian and/or parent's 1040 U.S. Individual Income Tax Return Form received after filling taxes for 2020 or all W-2's for 2020, along with the 2019 1040. They must clearly show the guardian's name and wages. The 1040 form should consist of 1 or 2 pages that has the guardian's name, address, name of your dependents and lines 1-22, which include your wages, salaries, tips and etc.
If you received any of the additional income that is listed below, you must provide the following documentation that corresponds to the income.
3. Proof of Social Security Income for 2020: The Form SSA-1099 Social Security Benefit Statement(s), New Benefit Amount Statement(s) or a letter from the Social Security Administration with your monthly social security benefits amount.
4. Proof of Disability Income for 2020: The disability benefit statement for 2020 or a disability letter for 2020 stating the income amount.
5. Proof of Child Support Income for 2020: A screen shot or print out of your 2020 child support income located under the case details of the online Louisiana CAFÉ` Customer Portal, court ordered document indicating the CURRENT monthly amount of child support income received with the applicant(s) and parent's names on the document, a child support letter with the 2020 monthly income with the parent and applicant(s) names or a notarized letter stating the amount provided on a monthly basis for child support for 2020.
6. Proof of Food Stamp Income for 2020: A screen shot or print out of your SNAP benefits income located under the case details of the online Louisiana CAFÉ` Customer Portal or a Department of Children & Family Services (DCFS) letter with the monthly SNAP benefits income with the parent and applicant(s) names. A photo of a Louisiana Purchase card will NOT BE ACCEPTED.
It may vary slightly depending on the private school you choose, but the scholarship amounts for 2020-21 are as follows:
- For grades K - 8 the scholarship is $4,200 per school year, or the full amount of tuition and fees, if tuition and fees are less than the scholarship amount
- For grades 9 - 12 the scholarship is $4,500 per school year, or the full amount of tuition and fees, if tuition and fees are less than the scholarship amount
ACE is partnering with private schools throughout Louisiana to offer parents a wide variety of choices. Visit our website: www.acescholarships.org/become-a-scholar/louisiana/ for a complete listing of current partner schools.
Don't see your private school choice on our list? Tell the school administration to contact us about partnering with ACE in the Tuition Donation Credit Program. Have them call (504) 491-1813.
If your child is awarded a scholarship, those funds are portable during the school year and may be used at any qualifying private school. So, if the private school you select ends up not being the right fit, you can transfer your child to another participating private school and the scholarship goes with you.