The Louisiana Tuition Donation Credit Program allows qualified Louisiana children to receive scholarships to qualified K-12 private schools, allowing parents to choose the school that will best prepare their children for college, careers, and for life. ACE Scholarships Louisiana is a School Tuition Organization and offers scholarships to qualified children on a first-come, first-served basis for as long as funds are available. Applications for new applicants will be available on our website, www.acescholarships.org in March.
1. My child must be a resident of Louisiana
2. My child attended a Louisiana public school during the 2021-2022 school year OR
-My child is attending kindergarten for the first time in the 2021-2022 school year OR
-My child participated in the Louisiana Scholarship Program/Student Scholarships for Educational
Excellence Program OR
-My child participated in the Tuition Donation Credit Program during the 2021-2022 school year.
3. My family income is less than the amount listed below (these amounts are from the 2021-2022 school year):
Proof of Residency
Full Document dated in 2022 with the parent/legal guardian’s name & current address visible (A closed envelope will NOT be accepted)
- Lease agreement (showing the date range with 2022) Example: January 5, 2022- January 5, 2023
- 2022 Mortgage statement
- 2022 Utility bill such as an electric, water, sewer or gas bill
- 2022 Medical statement
- 2022 Credit or loan statement
Proof of Income
2021 Federal Income Tax Returns documents with the parent/legal guardian’s information & child that the parent/legal guardian is applying for listed on the documents
- 2021 Form 1040 (pages 1-2) or ALL W-2’s for 2020 if taxes have not been filled yet, along with their 2020 Federal Income Tax Return Form 1040 (pages 1-2)
- 2022 Schedule 1 and Schedule 3 of Form 1040 for those who have additional income from a business.
2021 Social Security/Disability Income for parent/legal guardian & for all family members receiving benefits in the home (These documents must contain the name of the child, applicant and/or co-applicant, amount received & frequency)
- 2021 Form SSA-1099 Social Security Benefit Statement(s)
- A letter from the Social Security Administration with the monthly social security benefits amount
2021 Child Support Income (It must contain the child and parent/legal guardian’s name)
- Court ordered legal documents
- A letter from the provider of your child support income for 2021
- A screenshot or print out of frequency & dates noted for the 2021 child support income of the online Louisiana CAFÉ` Customer Portal
- Notarized letter with 2021 monthly child support income
2021 SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) Income
- A screenshot or print out of the 2021 SNAP benefits income located under the case details of the online Louisiana CAFÉ` Customer Portal
- Department of Children & Family Services (DCFS) letter with the 2021 monthly SNAP benefits income that includes the parent and child name
2021 TANF (Temporary assistance for needy families)
- Notice of benefit for 2021 from the appropriate agency
Housing Allowance (Military, Religious, Parsonage, etc.)
- Benefit statement, enrollment or payment letter from specific agency
2021 Worker’s Compensation
- A worker’s compensation award letter
Parent/legal guardian who have assistance with all living expenses and are not employed
- For the parents who do not work but others help them pay bills and for housing, we require a notarized letter with how much is given weekly or monthly for the previous year and a time span, such as from January 2021-November 2021, with the parent/guardian’s signature and the person who has been contributing the assistance.
It may vary slightly depending on the private school you choose, but the scholarship amounts for 2022-23 are as follows:
- For grades K - 8 the scholarship is $4,200 per school year, or the full amount of tuition and fees, if tuition and fees are less than the scholarship amount
- For grades 9 - 12 the scholarship is $4,500 per school year, or the full amount of tuition and fees, if tuition and fees are less than the scholarship amount
ACE is partnering with private schools throughout Louisiana to offer parents a wide variety of choices. Visit our website: www.acescholarships.org/become-a-scholar/louisiana/ for a complete listing of current partner schools.
If you do not see your private school choice on our list, tell the school administration to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 504-491-1813 about partnering with ACE in the Tuition Donation Credit Program.
If your child is awarded a scholarship, those funds are portable during the school year and may be used at any qualifying private school. So, if the private school you select ends up not being the right fit, you can transfer your child to another participating private school and the scholarship goes with you.